Different types of ray traced 3D geometry
- Meshes (subdivision and polygonal).
- Surface patches: bicubic patch and bilinear patch.
- Solid primitives: box, sphere, cylinder, cone, hyperboloid and torus.
- Flat primitives: triangle, quad and disc.
- Constructive solid geometry.
Several light source types
- Point light
- Sky sphere (HDR Image based lighting)
- Sphere and Cylinder area lights
- Skylight (ambient occlusion approximation)
- Ambient light
Physically based materials
- Diffuse reflectivity, specular reflectivity and roughness specify surface reflective properties (specularity PBR workflow)
- Emittance and glow
Physically based rendering
- Diffuse and specular surface reflections
- Fresnell effect
- Microsurface modelled with roughness
- Geometric light attenuation
- Light energy conservation
- Linear color space lighting and textures
- Textures for diffuse, specular, roughness, emittance and glow material properties
- UV mapping for meshes
- Normal mapping
- Texturing also for primitives and CSG models
- Procedural textures
High image quality
- Edge applied 9x super sampling full screen anti-aliasing
- Anisotropic texture filtering
- HDR rendering
- Tone mapping
- Image color post processing
- Setup scenes
- Material editor
- Render viewport at high resolution
- Source available